Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, February 15, 2016

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now.... When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased." C. S. Lewis

It seems logical that the place to begin loving God is by also loving oneself. Not liking one’s self mind you, but genuinely seeking what is in our best interest. Of course God wants us to discover that loving Him first is in our best interest. It is also the best thing we can do for the other people in our life. Loving God first prioritizes, strengthens, and improves all other loves.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind.” Jesus Conversations Within” ts 2/8/2016