Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

“One eye-witness weighs more than ten hearsays – Seeing is believing all the world over.” Plautus

Christian faith is more than wishful thinking, it is rooted in eyewitness history. I am reasonably certain that Lincoln gave the Gettysburg address. I’m just as certain that the disciples of Jesus saw and interacted with Him after He rose from the dead. I believe in the resurrection, as I believe that men walked on the moon. A wise faith is rooted in space and time, not religious fanaticism.

“He appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep…last of all he appeared to me also.” Paul the Apostle Conversations Within ts 5/15/2023