Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

“You can tell a lot about a person’s character by what they laugh about.” Unknown

I come up short. I want to be like Jesus, but I’m not. I think about some of the things I have thought about and come face to face with how desperately I need the grace of Jesus. The poem written by C.S. Lewis says it well.

“Lord, hear my voice, my present voice I mean,

Not that which may be speaking an hour hence

(For I am Legion) in an opposite sense

And not by show of hands decide between

The multiple factions which my state has seen

Or will see. Condescend to the pretense

That what speaks now is I; in its defense,

Dissolve my parliament and intervene.”

“Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.” 1Cor.13 Conversations Within ts 10/1/2023