Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

“The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” Molière



“The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.” Jesus

There is really only one thing to overcome in this life and that is our self. Overcoming self is not a matter of overcoming a weak will. Do we not always do whatever desire is greatest in each moment? The problem is that many times what we want falls far short of what God intends for us, even what we know is best. Instead we settle for less. It is possible to raise our standards; to set our goals on the superior delights of joy instead of giving in to petty desires? Conversations Within” ts 7/10/2013 (Atlantic Beach, FL)