Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

“I can only imagine what it will be like when I walk by your side.” Mercy Me

“Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.” 1Cor.2

People ask me all the time what heaven will be like. When they do, I know it is a question directed at my theological training not my personal experience. Yet, when I draw on my seminary training, I find it is both my personal experience and the Bible that influence my answers. It is not what we know academically about God but what we know personally of Him that brings any measure of certainty about what it will be like living in His presence. A good place to begin might be to ask what do I know of God right now that influences my understanding of living with HIm later.  Conversations Within” ts 1/19/2015