Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

“You're really messing with my Zen thing, man.” Tron (the movie)

Inner peace seems elusive and even when we find it we must put forth effort to keep it. This is true simply because peace of soul is largely a matter of focus and many distractions compete for it. I believe there are two steps that can help us find and keep inner peace. We can let go of things that steal it--worry, anger, fear, and making judgments about ourselves and others. We can lay hold of precious truths that promote it. I tell myself a couple--I belong to The Father, and He loves me. These truths help me let go of temporal worries, and lay hold of eternal realities.
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil.4.6-7 “Conversations Within” ts 5/16/2017