Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, June 8, 2020

“Coming home to a place I have never been before.” John Denver

I know when I die I will go to a place I have never seen but still. I remember as a young budding Christian that my new vision of Heaven may have been simple, but it became a powerful motivator for how I wanted to live my life. I answered to call to live for something more than working so I could retire for a few good years. Anything that I could store up here pales by comparison to the lasting joys that can be had in Heaven.  Jesus didn’t tell us not to store up treasure; He told us where we should do so.

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth...but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. Jesus Conversations Within” ts 5/24/2020