Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, February 2, 2007

Better than You Can Imagine

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him” 1Co2.9

I remember a scene in the Star Wars Saga when Luke was trying to persuade Han to help him rescue the princes. He told him that there would be a big reward. Han inquired, “How big?“ Luke replied, “More than you can imagine.“ Not to be out done, Han replied, “I don’t know, I can imagine a lot.“
When we consider the incredible imagination that Father has endowed in each of His children, the promise above is staggering. People ask me all the time if I think we will work in heaven, if we will be able to fly, if we will know our loved ones when we get there? The other day I was telling Brenda how much fun it was going to be to put all the ideas I have into building a house. She skeptically asked, “And when do you think we will be able to afford to build a house?“ I explained that I was not referring to this place where everything rots, but the next where nothing will. She asked me if I really thought that I would be able to do that in heaven.
Some of us have more questions about the eternal state than others. I really do believe that many things that we experience here we will experience there, only without all the horrors of sin. Christ said as much, when he told us that He will eat and drink with us in the coming Kingdom. All in all, I can imagine a lot when it comes to my wish list for glory. I am not silly enough to believe that God will grant us all or even more that we can imagine, but we can rest in the certainty that it will be better than we can imagine. 2/2/07 ts