Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

What’s in store?

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer29.11-13

Father spoke these words to me in some of the darkest days of my life. I can never hear these words of promise without linking them to that event. Like most of His words to me, He has had to repeat them time and time again. I am amazed with how patient He is, I am such a slow learner. I actually woke this morning anxious about a number of things. I smiled when I turned on the laptop and found this passage to be the selected reading for this day.
Most of the issues in life which weigh us with worry, are, most of the time, beyond our control. Generally they also have something to do with our future. Father assures those who trust Him, that there is nothing beyond His control. He also promises that we not only have a future but that His intentions for our lives are always good.
What is in store for those who look to Him, not forgetting that we often look to Him best in trial? It was during those darkest days and I remember as though it were yesterday, my pastor spoke these words from the pulpit, “Your best days are in front of you.” 2/24/07 ts