Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, June 10, 2013

”A smile from him was sunshine, his scowl a bolt of thunder.” Rachel Vincent

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” Prov.1
There is not a doubt in my mind that my relationship with my dad planted many seeds that affect interactions with God. I can remember my heart skipping a beat every time my dad caught me misbehaving. I can also remember how wonderful it felt to have his praise. It is proper to fear and love God--not fear in the sense of terror but of deep appreciation of His commitment to goodness. We may start out afraid of Him just as a misbehaving child is afraid of his father’s anger. Over time the child grows up and fear is replaced with respect and love. Conversations Within” ts 6/4/2013 (Atlantic Beach, FL)