Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

”I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older; then it dawned on me – they're cramming for their final exam.” George Carlin

Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. Heb.12

I once learned a hundred and ten dates in ten minutes for a history final. Of course I can’t remember any of them today. It is not possible to cram for our final exam in life. I quite agree with C. S. Lewis, "The point is not that God will refuse you admission to His eternal world if you have not certain qualities of character: the point is that if people have not got at least the beginnings of those qualities inside them, then no possible external conditions could make a 'Heaven' for them.” Christ is the seed of lasting transformation. Take Him into your heart. His life in us is all that God is looking for at judgement.  Conversations Within” ts 8/13/2014