Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

“I have discovered that the people who believe most strongly in the next life do the most good in the present one.” C.S. Lewis

The world will melt away one day but this is no excuse for not being environmentally conscious. My body will give out on me one day, but we are clearly encouraged in Scripture to care for it. I live in a body; I also live on this planet, and both should have my respect and my care. I think it is sad when people adopt an abandon-ship attitude on the environment in the name of Christianity. We should care for the world; God has given it to us as a gift, even if only for a while.

“But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.” Jer.29 Conversations Within” ts 4/20/2016