Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

To pray in the name of Jesus is the singular confidence of knowing that Jesus would be glad to represent our request, and to ask the Father for it as a personal favor to Him.

Imagine not for a moment, but as a daily reality, God offering to give you the ends of the earth as your possession by simply asking it from Him. Why would God make such an offer? There are some very good reasons. One, and perhaps the most important, is to establish the reason for the offer in the first place. It is found in this declaration made to Jesus. “You are my Son; today I have begotten you.” All prayers that are answered are done so because the Father will give to His Son whatever request He would be proud to represent. Would Jesus stand beside your prayers and offer them with you? This is what it means to pray in His name.

“Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession.” Ps.2.8 ESV