Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

"Give us this day our daily bread" is probably the most perfectly constructed and useful sentence ever set down in the English language.” P.J. Wingate

Many times when I pray, “Give us this day our daily bread,” my first thought is that God has already provided it and in most cases provided it abundantly. I feel like I should be saying, “Thank you for daily bread” instead. I would do well to remember the “us” in the petition. I am not only asking bread for myself, but for others and because God usually does exceedingly more than we ask, He is probably providing for some family in Africa I do not know in response to my request. Whether asking or thanking we are never in a better position than when we are looking to God.

“When you pray say…Give us this day our daily bread.” Jesus “Conversations Within” ts 4/6/2017