Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

“If you want to get warm you must stand near the fire: if you want to be wet you must get into the water. If you want joy, power, peace, eternal life, you must get close to, or even into, the thing that has them.” C.S. Lewis

I would be a mess without the tender influences of God’s Spirit working in me. He is patiently teaching me the dance of life, to find the joy in each moment,  to enjoy goodness and to be useful to others. He leads me in paths of simplicity, and to live with gentle restraint. He stirs my heart away from judgment and wakes me instead to compassion. Where would I be and what would I be without His amazing companionship. Tohu va vohu!

“Apart from me you can do nothing.” Jesus "Conversations Within” ts 8/5/2019