Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, March 8, 2020

“We were promised sufferings. They were part of the program.” C. S. Lewis

It seems a waste to try and understand why God allows suffering. I am not talking about obvious cause and effect pains, much of which I bring on myself when I stub my toe running barefooted. I am speaking of the suffering that is woven into the fabric of our world--physical pain, but also the pains of age, of loss, of separation. Even if we could understand the Creator's designs, it does not change the fact that all of us, children, even animals are subject to great suffering. I think it wise to just deal with it all using the grace that God also promises when suffering comes our way.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." God Conversations Within” ts 2/28/2020