Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, April 26, 2020

“The eye is the mirror of the soul.” Unknown

I am not very attentive to my outward dress and appearance. My precious wife puts more into what I wear and if my hair is combed properly if combed at all. I confess that this practice spills over into my spiritual dress as well. I read and reflect on God’s word and like a mirror it gives me a true reflection of myself. I see my scruffy soul, agree that it needs attention, but more often than I should, I walk away, and ten minutes later forget what needs changing.

“Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.” James 1.23-24 Conversations Within” ts 4/15/2020