Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Of all Things

And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. 1Cor2.4-5 NKJV

When I look back on my conversion to Christ I am amazed at the simple way I was confronted by the Holy Spirit. I had read a cartoon depiction of the gospel and just like that, I not only knew I needed Christ; I began to earnestly seek Him. I am sure I had heard the same message in church and in Sunday school probably hundreds of times. I am also sure many people explained Jesus to me. But it was only after the Holy Spirit worked His power, using a gospel track of all things that I responded in repentance and faith.
When we consider that a condemned, Jewish carpenter, nailed to a cross between two thieves has changed the course of millions of people in almost every nation, this fact alone, attests, that it is the power of God working in the hearts of men. And, of all things, God is working this power, using some pretty ridiculous sounding preachers. Amazing Grace! 12/28/2007 ts