Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Show people to the door

Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers… I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. Jo10.7-9 NKJV

However intolerant this statement sounds, Christ has made it possible for a holy God to accept any sinner who comes to Him using the blood bought path of the cross. There was one entrance into the holy of holies, one door in the side of the ark, one Passover lamb, and one promised land. God has said it thousands of time and in a thousand ways, there is only one sanctioned way to approach Him. “Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through me.”
Such dogma is unpopular today and Christians are often referred to as intolerant and narrow minded bigots for believing that Christ is the only way to the Father.
I think that it is possible to express tolerance toward different religious views and at the same time humbly and gently express your own. Tolerance does not mean we compromise our faith but express loving patience with others who have a different view than our own. And, I do not mean condescending arrogance. I think Christians get into trouble when we start acting like judges when we are really called to be servants. Show people to the door and leave the judgment to God. 12/5/07 ts