Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Redeem the ground on which we have walked

“But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law to redeem those who were under the law,” Ga4.4

One prayer that I have prayed a number of times is, “Lord, redeem the ground on which I have walked.” I am not sure where I got such a prayer but I am essentially asking God to somehow work good out of all the bad that I have done. I am asking God to buy back all that I lost in my foolishness. The word, “redeem” means just that, “to buy back” and, I would have God buy back for His purposes all that was done under mine.
Christ was “born under the law to redeem those who were under the law.” In a sense God is redeeming the ground on which we have walked. The Law has condemned us all to Hell but Christ was born under the Law, borne our condemnation and has worked grace where there was once only judgment. Jesus was born of a woman, and this promised to Eve long ago in the garden, to buy back all that was lost under Adam. Here is the story of Christmas; Christ comes to walk where we have walked. Christ brings back under the rule of God all that was lost under the rule of man. Lord, redeem the ground on which we have walked. 12/12/2007 ts