Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

“I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" He said, "This much" and stretched out His hands and died.” Unknown

There are times when I wonder what God is up to. I hear about some tragedy that has come upon someone I know to be deeply committed to Him, and wonder why He allowed it to happen. I wonder how committed I am to Him, and what difference that might make in my own concerns. In these moments God reminds me that it is not my commitment to Him, but His to me that determines everything. He also reminds me of the one undeniable measure of His love and in its light all my doubts begin to drift away. “He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?” Conversations Within” ts 1/3/2016