Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

“Words make you think. Music makes you feel. A song makes you feel a thought.” E.Y. Harburg

Music is what feelings sound like. Music doesn’t even require words to make an impression on me. It can powerfully set my mood or express my mood. It seems to me that mood alone without message can be just emotional bleeding. I want my soul’s blood to course through my veins with purpose not bleed all over the place. I love it when the words of a song match the music. It enables my whole heart, mind will and emotions to join in expression. It can be a song expressing delight or sorrow of glorious praise or deep regret. The point is that i want more than just to feel it, I want to believe it.
“I will sing and make music with all my soul.” Ps.108 Conversations Within” ts 5/26/2016