Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, August 7, 2017

“All the trees are losing their leaves, and not one of them is worried.” Donald Miller

I am staggered not only by nature’s beauty, but also how the Spirit uses it to teach us so many things. Jesus is especially fond of using analogies from nature to teach spiritual lessons for living. A walk in the woods can be as instructive as any sermon. I vividly remember a scorching summer day watching a family of young sparrows drinking from a water spigot. One tiny drop after another was falling into the upturned beaks of these hot and thirsty birds. As plain as any voice I have heard, the Spirit gently said, “As I care and provide for these birds I will certainly care and provide for you. You are of more value to me than many sparrows.”

“speak to the earth, and it will teach you…” Job 12 “Conversations Within” ts 7/30/2017