Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

“Eternity to the godly is a day that has no sunset; eternity to the wicked is a night that has no sunrise.” Thomas Watson

By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. Heb11.8 ESV

God’s word to Abraham was to go out. His word to Joseph was to stay put. Whether we go out or stay put I think that most of us desire to be instructed by the Lord in life’s many decisions. But Moses expressed the heart of it all, “If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here.” It is then not so much the place where we go or stay, as it is the presence of God with us. “Yea, though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me.” If God sends us to walk in dark places what does it matter if His presence is light around us? When Jesus sent His disciples into the world, what was His final word but, “Lo, I am with you always.” 7/26/2008 ts