Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

When you are through changing, you are through. ~Bruce Barton

Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Jo3.3 ESV

Change is fundamental to created life. All living things undergo transformation. God Himself is the only constant. He doesn’t change because He has no need to do so. He is perfect, whole and complete. We, on the other hand are not. Our transformation is either from bad to worse or from bad to better but we will certainly change.
We are assured that when Christ entered our heart through faith, His Spirit caused us to be born again to the living hope that we will be transformed into His glorious image. We have been infected with life, His life, and as He died and rose again so we too will fall to the ground only to be raised in the newness of our resurrection morn. I often ask Brenda if I am changing for the better. Am I different today than I was six months ago, not just changing with age but changing in Christ? 7/2/2008 ts