Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

“If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy,...perhaps we were created for another world." CS Lewis

“My times are in your hand;” Ps31.15 ESV

I read in the news this morning that former White House Press Secretary, Tony Snow has died at fifty-three. I am fifty-two. I find myself paying more attention these days to the age of people who are passing into eternity. I am sure I will come to the river bank soon enough. We may as well accept this and for me I think the sooner the better. I am not speaking about the actual crossing but embracing the fact that I must soon leave this place and ready myself for it. It was General Stonewall Jackson who said, “The Lord has appointed the day for my death. I need not concern myself with that, only that I am ready when He comes for me.”