Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, July 11, 2008

“God loves us not because we are lovable but because He is love.” Anonymous

“Then a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love-my Son with whom I am pleased." Mat3.17

I have read a number of good biographies lately, telling the tragic tale of young men who never got over a demanding and domineering dad. Sadly many young people live their lives looking for the approval of a father who just can’t be pleased. It seems strange now, but I used to feel this way about God. Over the years, He has convinced me otherwise. God is not one of those impossible to please dads. As Christ has come into clearer focus in my life, I am beginning to understand that God is a Father willing to do whatever it takes to secure my highest good (it actually took the very life of the one Son who always pleases Him). God is such a loving Father that He has removed all that stands between us that we might enter the fellowship of pure enjoyment with Him. To be joined to Christ and to be one with Him is to know the absolute pleasure of the Father. And how will God choose to introduce us to all the host of heaven, “This is my Son, whom I love-my Son with whom I am pleased." 7/11/2008 ts