Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

“A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.” Chinese Proverb

There are any number of things that can significantly disrupt our lives. Chest pains, the death of a loved one, an accident, or getting fired from your job are only a few. Hopefully we have a mature enough inner life to get through these life altering events without losing our grip on matters that truly matter. How do we nurture such a life? I suppose giving ourselves to matters that matter every day is one way to do it. It is often in the fires of crisis that God helps fine tune what is truly important.

“But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.” Job 23 Conversations Within” ts 9/7/2016