Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

“Words make you think a thought, Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought.” E.Y. Harburg

The word “affettuoso” is a musical notion that directs the artist to play or sing the music with tender feelings. This is very close to the meaning of one Hebrew word for meditation. Our tender meditations, those that express our purest affections are the music of the soul and can be a pleasant sound to the Lord, depending on what inspires them. We become what we think about. Our words reveal our thoughts. May both be freely offered as a melody of worship and the delight of God.

“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.” Ps.19 Conversations Within” ts 9/24/2016