Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, February 27, 2017

'If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank.' Woody Allen

Just about everybody knows the frustration of missing your exit on an Interstate. This happens when we fail to see the sign, see it too late, or have a hard time understanding it. If we are in too big of a hurry we can also miss God’s direction, or misinterpret it. I know that too often I am slow to see the signs because my focus is too small. I think too much about my own concerns and not about the greater concerns at hand. Nothing will narrow your focus more than spending too much time in front of the mirror of pride.

“You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.” Jesus “Conversations Within” ts 2/21/2017