Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, September 14, 2020

“...where there is hatred, let me sow love…” St Francis

The distinguishing mark of a follower of Jesus is returning love to someone who hates and would harm you. To love this way can be costly, but it is also rewarding in ways that defy imagination. I have the right as an American to prosecute a thief for stealing my shirt, but as a Christian, I am given the privilege to win their heart by giving them my shirt as well. This love has the power to transform an enemy into a friend, and shape an unshakable peace in the hearts of those who practice it. The love of Jesus is rad, if it is anything.  

“But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, “ Jesus Conversations Within” ts 9/6/2020