Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, February 11, 2021

“I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.” Tagore

I think that deep down the driving force in each of us is simply a desire to be happy. So, what gives lasting happiness? According to Jesus, it is to live for God’s pleasure by living a life of love and service to others. For me, this has been an "acquired taste," as said by a respected brother. Nonetheless, it is showing itself to be true. Jesus repeatedly invites us to taste the pure joy of loving and serving, and the absolute impossibility of bringing refreshment to others without it splashing over on us.  

“I tell you these things so that my joy may be in you and that your joy will be made full.” Jesus “Conversations Within” ts 2/3/2021 

(Photo: Glacier National Park, MT)