Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Nothing at all for God to do it.

Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you. Is46.4

My Dad related a story to me last night. His air conditioner had gone out and he called a service company to come out and fix it. As he was giving out his address, the repairman, evidently talking on a cell phone, told my dad that he was riding down that very hwy. and could see my dad’s house from the road. A moment later he pulled in and fixed the air conditioner. Before the repairman left, he told my dad that this time of year one rarely gets a service man out the same day, much less the same moment he calls. Now the very next day, my dad’s water hydrant broke and water was running everywhere. Once again he called a service repair company. As he was giving his address, the repairman, evidently talking on a cell phone, and you have already guessed it I’m sure, told my dad he was coming down that very hwy and could see the house. He pulled into dad’s driveway a moment later. After doing the repairs, he too explained to my dad how rare it is to get service the same day, much less the very moment one calls.
My dad and I have many conversations not only about God’s power but God’s willingness to provide for His children. As Brenda and I are in faith based ministry I am always giving my dad the assurances that God is taking care of us and that He will take care of us even when we get old. My dad is 82 and still worries about his children's future. He is all the time concerned about these things. After he related to me his story, I thought it a good time to remind him that the Lord looks out for His own. As I said so, his gray head exclaimed, “And it is nothing at all for God to do it.“ Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised. 9/10/07 ts