Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Who has Paid the Bills

He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.” Joel2.23 NIV

For the first time that I can remember, central Alabama is under water restrictions. I have lost a couple of Leland Cypresses this summer due to the drought. This is not the norm of course and such times make one appreciate something as simple as rain but more so, the faithfulness of God when He sends them. Where would we be if the Lord did not send us rains?
It is a wondrous testimony to His abounding grace and goodness that He has not withheld them. I am humbled and amazed that He faithfully sends the rains even when foolish men credit “Mother Nature” with what comes graciously from Him. He is the designer of all the processes of nature and Christ upholds them all. When water is evaporated from the surface of the oceans, transported by the winds and falls from the clouds to the earth, He, is sending them. I do not credit the postman for the money that is sent to us each month in support of our ministry. God is the first Cause. He gives the last Word. And though I do not fully understand the processes behind it all, I am sure that we are given the showers of the Father's blessings because of the sprinkling of the Son's blood. Let us humbly praise Him for autumn and spring rains. This means of course that I accept also from His hand, the death of my two Cypress trees, if only as a reminder of who has paid the bills. 9/20/07 ts