Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

“All my life I have been seeking to climb out of the pit of my besetting sins and I cannot do it…unless a hand is let down to draw me up” Seneca

“I set myself apart for them that they may be set apart in truth.” Jo17.19

All that Jesus has accomplished for us has yet to be revealed. But dedicating Himself wholly to God, so that we might be dedicated wholly to God, is the clear intent of His actions. He leads us up to the summit. And, just as climbers get further from the ground the higher they climb, so our dedication to God is seen as much in all that He would lead us from; as it is in all that He would devote us to. In one sense holiness is something that Christ is doing to us, in another, it is something we are doing to ourselves, but only with His help. And Jesus has positioned Himself for such assistance, to serve us in this assent. For Him, this meant a coming down (His humiliation) so that He could pull us up (our exaltation). And in mountaineering, if your friend stoops to help pull you up, it is only proper that you cooperate with them. He is ever helping us toward the summit and always with the rope of truth. He calls to us above the roaring winds, “I’ve, got you, Climb on!”