Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains fall out. ~Stephen A. Kallis, Jr

The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps. Prov14.15 ESV

There is a great deal of difference in one who graciously respects people who have a different belief system than their own and one who foolishly believes that all religious practices lead to the same place. It is silly to deny that real contradictions exist between the many different religions in the world. It is just as silly to believe that these religions do not share similar beliefs and hopes. But, even though there are real differences I can still live charitably with my neighbor even defend their right to hold to beliefs different than my own. But even this has limitations. If my neighbor does not share my conviction that people should be free to choose their religious beliefs then He will certainly be at odds with me and I with him. Some people are so opened minded that they never lay hold of anything that is truly true. Others are so narrow minded that they never let go of beliefs that are truly false. 8/14/2008 ts