Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

“I ask God for a lot, but I also thank him. I'm a very demanding believer.” Hubert de Givenchy

“Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace…” Heb4.16 ESV

Have you ever had someone tell you that if you needed anything they had, you could have it? I witnessed this first hand yesterday as a friend of mine when to a friend of his and repeatedly took from his tool shed everything he needed to fix my air-conditioner. Not just tools mind you, but the very parts needed to get the job done. When I asked my friend about going back so many times to his friend shed, He laughed and told me that when his friend told us we could have anything we needed that he really meant it.
God really means it, when He repeatedly tells us to draw near to the throne of grace. Our gracious Friend is more eager to give to us than we are many times willing to ask from Him. Some have said that God is too busy to be concerned with our tiny problems. What I know, is that yesterday when I told Brenda that our air-conditioner had broke, she told me that my friend just happened to be parked in front of the house. 8/30/2008 ts