Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

“Don't despair too much if you see beautiful things destroyed, if you see them perish. Because the best things are always growing in secret." Ben Okri

The gift of God is eternal life. Rom.6
Most people know that they are more than the body that perishes but we rarely embrace all that this means. We fear things which threaten our physical existence but fail to take into account dangers that can destroy the soul. We hold on so tightly to this life but neglect to invest in the next. I will survive my death but how will I fare in that life that follows it. How firmly do I believe in the afterlife? A dying man once wrote a letter to a friend. He began, “I am still in the land of the living,” but stopped and started again. He then wrote, “I am yet in the land of the dying, but I hope soon to be in the land of the living.” Conversations Within ts 12/13/2012 (Jax, FL)