Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Just because you feel like doing it, doesn’t mean you should.

“For the grace of God has appeared...instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age.” Titus 2

There are times when I do not want to do something, and realize that there is a good chance that I should be doing it. Sadly, there are times when I want to do something, and I know I probably shouldn’t. I may not feel like exercising, or working or any number of good things, but I need to do them anyway. I may feel like eating potato chips, but I should probably eat an apple instead. I may feel like telling someone off, but it would be better to overlook an offense and forgive. A large part of living well is learning to do the exact opposite of how you feel. Conversations Within” ts 5/7/2015