Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, August 3, 2018

“I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God. It changes me.” C.S. Lewis

I know that when I pray, I sometimes find myself trying to persuade God to do something. I know I can’t really give Him some bit of information He doesn’t already know. His wisdom is complete. Still I try. In the end I realize that my prayers reflect His work in me. He is using our prayers to channel blessing and goodness. He is the nourishment of life. Prayer is very much like drinking in that goodness. Draw in His strength and lay hold of all He desires to be for us in life. 

“Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?” Abraham (pleading with God not to destroy Sodom) Conversations Within” ts 7/28/2018