Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, August 26, 2018

“Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.” Buddha

I think people are spiritual by nature. We are what we are, we are as God has made us--body and soul. Of course we also contribute to our makeup, and to a great degree determine how mature our spiritual life will be. We can be so much more than a puppet of our physical desires. A mature inner life enjoys but isn’t ruled by physical passions. But there are also spiritual desires that can rule us as well--pride for one. The wisdom of Christ encourages a joint partnership with the Spirit who created our spirit. 

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me." Jesus Conversations Within” ts 8/19/2018