Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Once, when confessing a personal shortcoming to a friend, he humbly but pointedly said, “Isn't that the reason we have Jesus?”

Every culture in the world that I know of, has a belief system about the afterlife. Most of us want life to go on forever. Coupled with this desire is an almost universal hope that everything will turn out better than worse. When I have doubts about my own shortcomings, I look to Jesus who has told us to leave them in His hands. Christ invites every person to trust His accomplishments to see us safely beyond this life. The other option is to stand on my own record and that is something I am certain would fail me.

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Rom.6.23 Conversations Within” ts 4/11/2019