Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My God!

“O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you…” Is25.1 ESV

Let me tell You what You mean to me. You are not just the Lord God, You are my God, my very own God, my personal Father. And, though I alone cannot possess You, I have never felt that I was just another somebody among billions of others. When I talk to You, I know that I have Your complete attention, even when I know in the back of my mind that You are giving Your complete attention to countless others praying that same moment. You amaze me!

It is humbling to be around You, especially when I know you are listening to me ramble on about one of my projects. I just like Your company, and I can hardly believe that You so willingly give it to someone like me. You know, I have never felt truly alone. You put me to bed each night; when I wake I hear You say, “Good morning.” We talk in the shower, eating cereal, walking in Wal-Mart, working in the garden, even watching a movie. I have never felt crowded by You, just a bit uncomfortable knowing some of the things You’ve heard me think. I know when I disappoint You, yet You never stop loving me. I also know when You are pleased by some small thing I have done. You are all the time encouraging me.

I am in awe! I am in awe not only because You are God, but because You are my God. And Jesus, thanks, I know all this is because of You. 1/22/2008 ts