Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Weather Report

“…but man is born to trouble as the sparks fly upward. “As for me, I would seek God, and to God would I commit my cause.” Job5.7-8 ESV

Life in this place is somewhat predictable. And, what is the expected forecast? Trouble of course! Life is full of problems, difficulties, dilemmas, and snags. You may remember that a law has been formulated to describe it. I am referring of course to Murphy’s Law. Simply stated this adage says, “If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong.”

Now to acknowledge that “man is born to trouble as sparks fly upward,” does not necessarily imply that we are to adopt a negative attitude about each day, just a realistic one. And with it, we may certainly adopt a good attitude about the expected troubles of life. Another adage that I have come to appreciate seeks to encourage such, “Pain and suffering are inevitable, misery is optional.” This is especially true when we consider yet another law set in motion by our creator. “God works all things together for good to those who love Him, to those called according to His purpose.” Rom8.28

While we are at it, here’s another appropriate adage, "There's no such thing as bad weather... only inappropriate clothing." Are we adequately dressed for today’s weather?