Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, October 6, 2008

“Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice” Anonymous

“What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.” Phil 4.9 ESV

We may look at this verse in the opposite direction to see the proper witness of a Christian. When we practice our faith in Christ others will no doubt see it. Only when they see someone practicing faith will they be able to really hear anything said about it. After all we do not want them to merely hear what we say but receive it as credible. Perhaps then with God’s grace they will learn it for themselves. Now the danger of course is that I practice my faith simply for show. The only good reason for wanting to be an example at all is because we love the people in our life and want what it best for them. We do not want people to be impressed with us but with Christ. The best way to help my family and friends experience God’s peace is for me to experience it first in myself. 10/4/2008 ts