Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, October 31, 2008

life is good

“I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself.” C. S. Lewis

“…the promise of the life that is in Christ Jesus…” 2Tim.1.1 ESV

I read recently where one young man who was paralyzed in a sporting event, opted for assisted suicide because he felt that he was living a second-class existence. For him life was no longer worth living.
Now life pretty much sums up why I have come to Christ. It would be safe to say that I love life; life is good, though not everything in it is good, and, I feel that to all intents and purposes I would like to do this forever. It is not that I relish the thought of doing this forever in my present condition. But we are not promised that are we? The promise Jesus made to us of an eternal and abundant life begins here but is fully realized there. We, like an expectant mother, are in labor waiting the delivery of all our hopes and dreams. And, when realized, all the pain we have known here will certainly share a kinship with the joys of the life there. One brother put it this way; “the Blessed will say ‘we have never lived anywhere except in Heaven,’ and the Lost, ‘We were always in Hell.’”