Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

“If all Christians acted like Christ, the whole world would be Christian.” Mahatma Gandhi

“Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my inheritance.” Is.19.24 ESV

The ancient word for “peace,” referred to the binding together of something broken. The whole world is fragmented by the selfishness of corrupt hearts. The Prince of Peace has come into the world to heal our fragmented lives--first to His Father, and then to one another. Christ has canceled all debts but one and that is debt we have to love one another in His name. To love in Jesus name is to love people without condition--to seek the highest good of my neighbor or my enemy regardless of any notion they may have different from my own. If our goal as Christians is to spread the peace of Jesus, we may learn from those around us just how effective is our witness. Gandhi once told a Christian friend, “I don't reject Christ. I love Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike Christ." He also gave us some advice on how best to represent Jesus to the nations. “A rose does not need to preach. It simply spreads its fragrance. The fragrance is its own sermon.” One apostle said as much, “My little children, let us not love in word, neither with the tongue; but in deed and truth.” 12/16/2008 ts