Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

I find it interesting that God finds me interesting.

“You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.” Psalms 139 NIV
As a boy, my awareness that God was always watching was disturbing. I suppose I felt this way because I thought He was watching in the sense of waiting for me to mess up somehow so He could punish me. As an adult I am grateful that God is interested in our lives. This change in the way I feel is mainly due to Jesus. His favourite designation of God is the word “Father.” God’s surveillance when of people isn’t like that of a policeman but a loving parent. As a parent He will certainly discipline when needed but always to instruct not to harm. Conversations Within” ts 3/25/2013 (Hayneville, AL)