Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, March 25, 2013

It seems inconsistent to view the disciples of Jesus as liars, fabricating what would be the greatest lie in history when their manner of living was centered around all that we commonly accept as moral and good.

“That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.” 1John 1
I am a Christian as much from the eyewitness testimony of the original disciples as I am because of the claims of Jesus Himself. One is tied inseparably to the other. Why would I not believe an eyewitness account when the ones giving it where men and women of such credible repute, not to mention that most of them died because they made claim to it? I have accepted other historical events on less weighty testimony. I honestly do not know what to do with their claim to have witnessed the resurrection than to believe it. Conversations Within” ts 3/19/2013 (Camp Farrington, AL)