Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, March 11, 2013

“To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” Eleanor Roosevelt

“A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.” Prov.25
Let me exercise compassion toward weakness in others and self-control toward my own.When I see people speaking out against the sins of others, a vivid teenage memory comes to mind. A “karate for Christ” expert had asked for a volunteer to cut a watermelon in half with a samurai sword. The keynote preacher, who had just finished a fiery sermon against sins related to self-control was drafted to lay on his back for the demonstration. He got tickled and started laughing. I can still see that watermelon bouncing up and down on his very generous belly. I think God sometimes highlights our own weaknesses to humble us and help us never judge or condemn others. Conversations Within” ts 3/5/2013 (Jax, FL)